Last Updated on by
Wahl has been a pioneer in the dog clipper industry. The brand has amassed numerous positive response from satisfied dog parents.
The creation of Wahl clippers begun as early as 1911 from a vibrating electromagnetic motor experiment. It is this experiment that paved way for the present-day company.
Currently, Wahl has expanded their scope to include clippers, attachment guide combs, trimmers, totes, coat care, and nail care.
We understand choosing the Wahl dog clippers can be confusing. So, we have done detailed research and reviewed five top products the brand has to offer.
Our Top Pick
Our top pick is the Wahl Professional Animal Bravura. This is an exceptional choice for body, face, feet, as well as finish work. It glides effortlessly, efficiently, and quickly through dog coats.
Here are some other great choices:
- Wahl Pet #9160-20 Adjustable Clipper
- Wahl Arco SE Professional Clipper
- Wahl Professional U-Clip Pet Clipper
- Wahl Lithium Ion Pro Series Clipper
Top 5 Wahl Dog Clippers Reviewed
At #1 in our list is the Wahl Professional Animal Bravura. It is the most reliable choice from the lithium family of cordless clippers.
This model features the world’s most advanced rechargeable battery innovation. The lithium battery provides more charge, power, torque, and charge cycles.
The Bravura is unlike any other available in numerous colors, including purple, berry, burgundy, gunmetal, pink, and turquoise.
The clipper provides 90 minutes of constant clipping, and about 60 minutes recharge time. The Li+ battery ensures no battery memory effect.
The powerful motor is cable of delivering 5,500 SPM. The clippers are also fitted with a 5-in-1 adjustable fine blade system.
It also has a 1000 life cycle, which represents the number of times the battery can be recharged for use before it starts losing power.
- Powerful motor delivers fast grooming results
- 5-in-1 adjustable blades allow for easy clipping of sensitive parts
- Innovative lithium technology offers constant speed control
- Low vibration and quieter operation
- Numerous color options are available
- Battery life may be too short
- May not be suitable for coarse hair
At #2 is the Wahl Pet #9160-20 Adjustable Clipper. This is a suitable choice for almost all kinds of breeds, including poodles, mini schnauzers, and cocker spaniels.
Whether you are a professional groomer or a new dog parent you will love this product. It is one of the best clippers to use in the U.S.
Besides being lightweight it is equipped with an adjustable lever for customized and effective cutting lengths.
You will like the weight of this clipper in your hand, it does not slip during use. When you use a guide comb it allows for fast full body clipping without any problems.
It is equipped with a no maintenance motor that delivers unlimited run time and speed required for grooming short, smooth, and combination coats.
Apart from the shatterproof housing, this model also comes with self-sharpening blades made of high-carbon steel. These blades are durable and have good edge retention.
- Heavy-duty power cord for maneuverability
- Self-sharpening blades with good edge retention
- Adjustable lever for customized and effective cutting lengths
- Trims and clips short, smooth, and combination coats
- Comes with four guide combs for different cutting lengths
- Suitable for use with U.S. electrical outlets only
- A bit noisy than usual
Wahl Arco SE. is available in five color options, including purple, green, hot pink, champagne, and teal.
Arco SE is one of Wahl’s best cordless clippers in the market. It can groom and clip the body, paws, faces, and ears.
This model features a no maintenance rotary motor that is capable of delivering up to 5,500 SPM for prettier cuts.
One of the things that makes this model a professional clipper is the 5-in-1 blade system, which is made of high-grade steel. This system features adjustable cut lengths.
You also have optional blades for the 5-in-1 blade design, including #10 non-adjustable, #45 non-adjustable, diamond, pro, coarse, and fine blades.
However, it does not feature lithium technology. Instead, it uses 2 NiMH batteries, which have a run time of about 80 minutes and a charge time of around 75 minutes.
- Adjustable 5-in-1 blade system offers different clipping lengths
- Lightweight and non-slip grip reduces hand fatigue during extended clipping
- Powerful rotary motor delivers 5,500 SPM for prettier coat cuts
- Comes with a fully equipped clipping kit
- Suitable for medium duty clipping and trimming
- Short battery life
- Long charge time
Wahl Professional U-Clip. has unique model takes the spot for best value. This clipper is all you need to achieve professional grooming. It is ideal for trimming, touch-ups, and whole body clipping.
This machine’s patented rotary motor provides substantial power and torque without making any additional heat or noise.
The powerful motor is capable of delivering up to 7,200 SPM, which allows for easy and quick clipping and grooming.This machine uses heavy-duty Wahl blades that are made for maximum durability. However, you may need to sharpen them from time to time. You also need to lubricate the blades to prevent them from heating up.
The Wahl Professional U-Clip comes with a sixteen-piece kit that provides standard adjustable #30, #15, and #10 blades. The kit also contains all the tools needed for grooming and trimming.
- An inexpensive choice for a tight budget
- Powerful motor delivers up to 7,200 SPM for easy and fast clipping
- Ideal for body clipping and touch-ups
- Lightweight and non-slip casing prevents hand fatigue
- Comes with a fully equipped clipping and grooming kit
- The noisy operation may be disturbing for your dog
- Blades tend to get too hot after an extended period
Wahl Lithium Ion Pro Series is another suitable choice for a tight budget. This clipper feature lithium-ion battery, which offers a non-stop run time of two hours for a very good double coat and medium coat clipping, trimming and touch-ups.
It comes with a heavy-duty, no maintenance lithium powered motor that offers remarkably fast and precision clipping on short, smooth, and combination coat.
This machine is fitted with blade adjustment taper lever that allows you to extend the clipping length with ease. It also has self-sharpening blades that are very durable.
The machine features a shatterproof casing, which is not only lightweight but also slips resistant. There is also a charging indicator on the casing.
This model also comes with a ready-to-groom kit that contains guide combs, a pair of scissors, a grooming comb, and oil.
- Cordless design offers more maneuverability
- Blade adjustment taper lever allows for easy clipping length adjustment
- Self-sharpening blades are very durable
- Lithium-ion battery offers more run time compared to other models
- Requires a short time to charge the battery
- The power button is a little bit hard to push
- Blades get hot faster
Why Choose Wahl Pet Clippers?
Different companies manufacture dog clippers, including Andis, Oster, and Wahl among others. Wahl is pretty much the leader when it comes to dog clippers.
Wahl products provide the ideal combination of clipping features as well as benefits to suit your dog grooming and clipping needs.
Wahl is probably the only company that provides dog owners with more than just a clipper. They provide tutorials and educational events, which help you learn the best grooming practices.
Wahl takes your dog grooming experience to a completely new level with innovative designs that provide more torque and power for tough to clip areas.
What Types of Clippers Do Wahl Offer?
There is a broad spectrum of Wahl clippers available, varying in quality, size, and intended use. This brand provides a wide range of adjustable blade clippers, which are either corded or cordless.
The company provides detail and body clippers. Detail clippers are engineered for very specific clipping, such as inside the ears and on the muzzle. On the other hand, body clippers are effective at covering large areas of a dog’s coat at one time.
What sets Wahl apart from conventional dog clipper brands is their uniqueness in terms of technology. While others use regular batteries on cordless clippers, they use lithium ion.
Most of the top Wahl dog clippers are cordless because of the powerful lithium-ion battery that offers exceptional run time and cutting power and speed.
Wahl dog clippers are the easiest to operate. You do not need special skills. The clippers have ergonomic and user-friendly designs, which are easy to operate and maneuver.
The brand is also known to be very helpful. They usually provide a fully equipped clipping and grooming kit, which may include guide combs, grooming combs, scissors, and lubricating oil.