Last Updated on by
Goldenpoo, groodles, doodles, or whichever cute silly name you refer to your goldendoodle adds to the fact that their level of awesomeness is so irresistible. These charming designer dogs deserve nothing but good food to fill their bellies.
As the saying “there is no more sincere love than the love of food” goes, and so we also believe that there’s no better way to show your love to your groodles than giving them the best dog food for goldendoodles!
With the amiability of a golden retriever and sportiveness of a poodle, goldendoodles are a mixed breed that’s really extraordinary. So it is very important to feed them the best food there is to keep their energy and health intact.
If you’re currently on an endless hunt for the best dog food for goldendoodle, read on as you might find the one that’s perfect for your best pal.
- The Best Dog Food for Goldendoodles Are:
- 1. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Natural Adult Dry Dog Food — Best Overall
- 2. Merrick Grain-Free Dry Dog Food Recipe — Best in Protein
- 3. NUTRO Wholesome Essentials Puppy Dry Dog Food, All Breed Sizes — Best for Puppies
- 4. Whole Earth Farms Grain Free, Natural Dry Dog Food — Best on a Budget
- 5. Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Natural Senior Wet Dog Food — Best for Seniors
- 6. Taste of the Wild High Protein Real Meat Recipe Premium Dry Dog Food with Roasted Bison and Roasted Venison — Best for Digestion
- 7. The Honest Kitchen Human Grade Dehydrated Grain Free Dog Food — Best Dehydrated Food
- Buying Guide
- Final Thoughts
The Best Dog Food for Goldendoodles Are:
|1.Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Natural Adult Dry Dog Food||Check Current Price|
|2.Merrick Grain Free Dry Dog Food Recipe||Check Current Price|
|3.NUTRO Wholesome Essentials Puppy Dry Dog Food, All Breed Sizes||Check Current Price|
|4.Whole Earth Farms Grain Free, Natural Dry Dog Food||Check Current Price|
|5.Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Natural Senior Wet Dog Food||Check Current Price|
|6.Taste of the Wild High Protein Real Meat Recipe Premium Dry Dog Food with Roasted Bison and Roasted Venison||Check Current Price|
|7.The Honest Kitchen Human Grade Dehydrated Grain Free Dog Food||Check Current Price|
1. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Natural Adult Dry Dog Food — Best Overall
Blue Buffalo’s inspiration came from their very own family dog named Blue. So we can expect nothing from this recipe but high-quality and natural ingredients that are specially made for a life-long pal.
This dry dog food features a two-part feeding system of dry kibble and Blue’s exclusive antioxidant-rich LifeSource Bits to support your goldendoodle’s immune system health, life stage requirements, and a healthy oxidative balance.
As goldendoodles love outdoor play and exercise, it is necessary to give them the right amount of protein to help build their muscles. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Life Formula Natural Adult Dry Dog Food is made with real meat, fruits, and vegetables.
And it doesn’t stop there. To maintain your best friend’s cuddly fur and coat, this dog food has the necessary fish oil with omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. It also has vitamins and minerals to support your goldendoodle’s immune system health. Good immune system health means a longer life span and more quality time with your love.
So if you are looking for food that’s not only all protein, this best dog food for goldendoodle might be the one your best pal is waiting for.
- Available flavors: Chicken and Brown Rice; Fish and Brown Rice; Lamb and Brown Recipe
- Age Range Description: Adult
- Crude Protein: 24% (minimum)
- Crude Fat: 14% (minimum)
- It’s formulated with high-quality protein sources, vitamins and minerals and omega 3 and 6 fatty acids
- It has no animal by-products, corn, soy or wheat that may promote allergens
- It has no artificial flavors or preservatives.
- LifeSource Bits have an unusual taste and texture so your dog may need time to adjust with it.
2. Merrick Grain-Free Dry Dog Food Recipe — Best in Protein
One of the health issues that are common among goldendoodles is hip dysplasia. It is a painful condition where hip joints fail to develop normally. Good thing Merrick Grain Free Dry Dog food recipe has leading levels of glucosamine and chondroitin to maintain your dog’s hip and joint function.
While we cannot say that this will altogether keep your dog from having this problem, a healthy diet may help in preventing your dog in developing this dreaded condition.
And we know that a healthier goldendoodle is a happier goldendoodle. Merrick promises a recipe that has a “tail-wagging taste” and that also contains real whole foods such as sweet potatoes, apples, blueberries and peas for optimal natural nutrition..
Now, who wouldn’t fall in love more on that wagging tail of a goldendoodle? With Merrick’s variety of flavors, your search for the best dog food for goldendoodles may be over.
- Available flavors: Rabbit and Chickpeas; Venison and Chickpeas; Lamb and Sweet Potato; Duck and Sweet Potato; Turkey and Sweet Potato; Buffalo and Sweet Potato; Salmon and Sweet Potato; Chicken and Sweet Potato; Texas Beef and Sweet Potato
- Age Range Description: All stages
- Crude Protein: 38% (minimum)
- Crude Fat: 15% (minimum)
- It offers a variety of flavors to nourish all types of appetite.
- It is free from preservatives, fillers, corn, wheat, soy and gluten.
- It is high in protein that helps in building muscle mass and healthy energy levels.
- It’s difficult to reseal and maintain freshness once the package is opened.
3. NUTRO Wholesome Essentials Puppy Dry Dog Food, All Breed Sizes — Best for Puppies
No one can stand seeing our baby groodle losing his appetite then altogether losing his interest to play because there’s no nutrition coming in. Then, we tend to fret a little bit too much which food to feed our baby groodles.
Well, you’re definitely not the only one who’s been worried-sick. For those who are parenting a goldendoodle puppy, it’s alright to be ridiculously careful about what the dog food packages say.
Well, this pick of our best dog food for goldendoodle puppies might be perfect for your precious one. Specifically tailored for growing puppies, you are assured that every kibble is enhanced with omega-3 fatty acids and calcium to support your pup’s healthy growth.
Nutro sources their ingredients from trusted farmers and suppliers and they attest that their recipe is made with real and non-gmo ingredients. More importantly, it is packed with protein which is very essential for your growing puppy.
To guide you with feeding, Nutro suggests moisten food and feed frequently for pups who are 3 to 5 weeks of age. Feed the suggested amount (seen in the package according to weight and size of your pup) in three meals per day for those who are six weeks of age. Then down to twice a day until 12 months.
- Available flavors: Chicken; Lamb
- Age Range Description: Puppies
- Crude Protein: 28% (minimum)
- Crude Fat: 18% (minimum)
- It is specially made to meet the needs of growing puppies.
- Its recipe is made with non-GMO ingredients and doesn’t contain chicken by-product meal, corn, wheat, or soy protein and no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives that may trigger allergies.
- It is enhanced with calcium to help build strong bones and joints.
- It contains some rice ingredients so it may be a concern for pet owners who plans a grain-free diet for their dog in the future.
4. Whole Earth Farms Grain Free, Natural Dry Dog Food — Best on a Budget
If you’re looking for an affordable kibble but don’t want to compromise in quality, this might be the best dog for goldendoodles for you. While we want to spoil our doggos on nutritious food, Whole Earth Farms Grain Free Natural Dry Dog Food is best for those who are on a budget.
Whole Earth Farms dry dog food is worth your penny as it creates truly holistic food recipes. The source of their protein is from pork, beef and lamb and other nutritious ingredients are added to give a boost to your goldendoodle’s health.
What’s more, their fiber content is just right for dogs who have digestion issues. More importantly, their recipes don’t rely on artificial colors and preservatives which may be harmful for your dog.
Easier digestibility, less shedding, shinier coat, increased energy, stronger nails and healthier skin are just among the beneficial results of their all-natural ingredients.
- Available flavors: Chicken & Turkey; Pork, Beef & Lamb; Salmon & Whitefish; Turkey & Duck
- Age Range Description: All stages
- Crude Protein: 26% (minimum)
- Crude Fat: 13% (minimum)
- It’s affordable.
- It doesn’t contain corn, wheat, soy, by-products, artificial flavors and artificial preservatives.
- It has dried blueberries, rosemary, sage and thyme to add flavors in every recipe.
- It contains plant protein to pump up the crude protein value.
5. Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Natural Senior Wet Dog Food — Best for Seniors
Whether to feed your senior doggo with this recipe as a complete and balanced meal, or to mix it into dry kibble or just to serve it as a tasty reward in between meals, Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Natural Senior Wet Dog Food is just right for your aging goldendoodle.
Dry kibble might be perfect for your puppy and adult dogs, but just like any other aging beings, your goldendoodle may start to have dental issues. Then, it might be time for you to consider transitioning him into senior wet food.
There’s nothing more painful than seeing our aging best friend having difficulty chewing his food. Good thing is that this wet food is soft and mushy enough that even toothless seniors will thrive with it. Apart from that,this recipe has oatmeal and barley to help ease one of the common issues seniors face which is digestion problems.
Specifically tailored for senior dogs, this recipe is formulated with glucosamine and chondroitin to maintain hip and joints function. It is made with real chicken and you can even see bits of vegetables such as carrots, peas and sweet potatoes to make it tastier and more appealing for your picky pal.
Blue Buffalo feeding recommendation is ½ to 1 can for every 10lbs of body weight per day.
- Available flavors: Chicken
- Age Range Description: Senior
- Crude Protein: 7.5% (minimum)
- Crude Fat: 4.5% (minimum)
- It is specifically made to meet the needs of seniors to go strong.
- It is formulated with glucosamine and chondroitin for joint health and mobility.
- It contains no by-product meals, corn, wheat or soy, and no artificial flavors or preservatives.
- Some dogs who are used to dry food may need to adjust with the transition.
6. Taste of the Wild High Protein Real Meat Recipe Premium Dry Dog Food with Roasted Bison and Roasted Venison — Best for Digestion
This Taste of the Wild recipe will definitely give your canine a taste of the wild with its unique main ingredients, bison and venison. This unique source of protein is highly digestible and has a distinct roast flavor which your goldendoodle will surely enjoy.
What makes this best dog food for goldendoodles suitable for dogs with digestive problems is that it contains K9 Strain Probiotics which is added after the cooking process.
Each pound of dry Taste of the Wild provides 80 million live, active cultures. What does this mean for your dog? This will help keep the digestive and immune systems healthy which affects the overall health and vitality of your pet.
Be assured that this K9 Strain and Viables Probiotics doesn’t contain harmful pathogens or other contaminants since it is processed under strict and safe standards.
- Available flavors: Roasted Bison and Roasted Venison
- Age Range Description: Adults
- Crude Protein: 32% (minimum)
- Crude Fat: 18% (minimum)
- Its main ingredients, bison and venison, are pasture-raised and provide highly digestible protein.
- It contains antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to support the immune system.
- It contains K9 Strain Probiotics that help support the digestive system.
- It includes non-meat protein sources such as peas, garbanzo beans, eggs, and brewers yeast.
7. The Honest Kitchen Human Grade Dehydrated Grain Free Dog Food — Best Dehydrated Food
Honest Kitchen boasts of its human grade label by the FDA which means that it meets the same strict standards the FDA sets for human foods. Isn’t that amazing? That just means that this recipe has the same quality ingredients found in healthy people’s food.
What sets this dog food apart from the rest is that it is dehydrated. This process is a technique to gently preserve the food. It also locks in natural vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.
It is highly concentrated as it removes all water from the food which makes it compact and packed with nutrients. For preparation, each cup ought to be rehydrated with 1.5 cups of water.
- Available flavors: Cage Free Turkey; Ranch Raised Beef
- Age Range Description: Puppies and Adults
- Crude Protein: 29% (minimum)
- Crude Fat: 18% (minimum)
- It’s dehydrated for easier digestibility and to lock in nutrients.
- It is labeled “human grade” by the FDA safety standards ensuring high quality dog food.
- It contains no animal by-products, preservatives or GMO ingredients.
- It’s more expensive than other typical dog food.
After reading our best dog food for goldendoodles reviews, let us walk you through the things you must look for before you decide which is best for your pal.
The first thing you must look for in your dog food’s package is the label of the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
Moreover, AAFCO has label requirements for pet foods and requires certain items to be included on these product labels.
Whether for your puppy, adult or your senior furry friend, you can show your sincere love by feeding them right. Assuredly, we want nothing but a long healthy life for our best friend. And with our top pick Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula, this may be the best dog food for your beloved goldendoodle.