Climbing windows, scratching posts, and chasing toys can be exhausting. That’s why you should reward your cat with a bed to relax and sleep after an eventful day.
But picking out cat beds can be overwhelming, considering the many products that flood the market.After hours of research, shopping, and testing, I managed to find six products that your kitty will not be able to resist.
Here is my complete roundup of the top 6 cots you can buy for your cat today!
- The Best Cat Beds Are:
- 1. Meowfia Premium Cave Cat Bed — Best Overall
- 2. Kitty City Large Cat Bed — Most Versatile Bed Style
- 3. Petsure Pet Tent Cave Bed — Best 2-In-1 Design
- 4. Aspen Pet Self Warming Bed — Best for Travel
- 5. Snoozer Luxury Cozy Cave Pet Bed — Best Color Options
- 6. Pet Magasin Self Warming Cat Cave Bed — Best Bed Configurations
- Buying Guide: How to Choose the Finest Cat Beds
- Final Words
The Best Cat Beds Are:
|1. Meowfia Premium Cave Cat Bed||Check Current Price|
|2. Kitty City Large Cat Bed||Check Current Price|
|3. Petsure Pet Tent Cave Bed||Check Current Price|
|4. Aspen Pet Self Warming Bed||Check Current Price|
|5. Snoozer Luxury Cozy Cave Pet Bed||Check Current Price|
|6. Pet Magasin Self Warming Cat Cave Bed||Check Current Price|
1. Meowfia Premium Cave Cat Bed — Best Overall
Introducing Meowfia Premium Cave Cat Bed, your kitty’s number 1 lounging space that is available in light grey, dark grey, asphalt, and slate grey patterns.
- Handmade with premium merino wool
- Spacious hideout for all cat sizes
- Four different patterns for preference
- Cozy design for playing, lounging, and sleeping
This cave bed is designed to serve two functions. It is supposed to be your feline’s favorite nap spot and an interesting piece of décor that blends easily with your furnishings.
This spherical hideaway is made of merino wool, which is great because this material regulates temperature and wicks away moisture naturally. Merino wool is also hypoallergenic, which means it is free of harmful chemicals and it is highly dust mite resistant.
It doubles as a padded mat that is suitable for dogs and cats that weigh 20 pounds or less.
I don’t know why, but my first order came with an awful smell, I had to order for a replacement.
- No set up is required
- Merino wool regulates temperature naturally
- Quality material that retains its shape every time
- It can fit more than a single kitty
- Suitable for kittens that weigh up to 20 pounds
- Limited color/pattern options
It has a unique design that your cat will love at first glance. Not to mention that the merino wool used is completely pet friendly.
Overall Rating – 4.9
2. Kitty City Large Cat Bed — Most Versatile Bed Style
Doubling as a playhouse, the Kitty City Large Cat Bed will provide your kittens with both entertainment and a place to laze around and sleep.
- Made of quality fabric
- Modern foldable cat bed design
- Comes with a cushy polyester pillow
- Removable fleece base mat
This product features a 2-in-1 design, which is great because your cat can take a private nap in the kitty-size apartment and rest on the catnap perch.
The design has sturdy patterned folding walls that are super easy to set up. Also, these walls are strong enough to support a second condo.
It has a fleece base cushion and a soft polyester pillow, which provide warm and comfort, if you cat likes to laze all day.
The materials used are hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant, which ensures your cat doesn’t experience any allergies.
- Can be transformed into a multilevel cat bed
- No tools are necessary during assembly
- Comfortable catnap perch on top is suitable for lounging
- Materials used are cat friendly
- Condo has a large opening for easy entry and exit
- Possible off-gassing during unboxing
- Too small for larger cats
This is a perfect product for a home with more than one kitten because you can transform it into a bunk cat bed by installing another unit on top.
Overall Rating – 4.8
3. Petsure Pet Tent Cave Bed — Best 2-In-1 Design
Let your kitty snooze away in luxury and style with the Petsure Pet Tent Cave Bed. It offers the ideal warmth and comfort when it is cold outside.
- Highly versatile tent bed
- Sturdy construction for durability
- Two-in-one enclosed cat bed functions
- Removable cushioned pillow
This product has a sturdy construction made of 100% microfiber and high-density foam, which improves its durability.
The microfiber cushion is soft, hypoallergenic, and removable, which means it is cozy, suitable for allergic felines, and washable.
This product can be used as a lounging condo or you can remove the cushion, fold the top, and place the cushion on top to form a normal cat bed.
The bottom of the cot is nonskid, which is great because it will not glide over any surface when your cat is moving in and out.
- Versatile design can be transformed into a kitty bed
- Microfiber cushion is comfortable, removable, and washable
- Nonskid bottom ensures the bed stays on one position
- Easy to move with the leather loop handle
- Comfort materials used are hypoallergenic
- Brand doesn’t sell a replacement pillow
This is the perfect choice for keeping your kitty warm during cold weather. Also, the removable cushion is washable for easy maintenance.
Overall Rating – 4.7
4. Aspen Pet Self Warming Bed — Best for Travel
Indulge your kitty’s sleeping personality with the Aspen Pet Self Warming Bed. It is available in different styles, sizes, and color for preference.
- Heat reflecting technology provides warmth and comfort
- Raised edges help to maximum warmth and coziness
- Wide bottom prevents the bed from gliding over surfaces
- Available in different styles, sizes, and colors
Featuring heat reflecting material that is used in Mylar thermal blankets, the Aspen Pet Self Warming Bed will keep you furred friend snug and cozy.
This product has a nonskid bottom, which is great because it prevents the cot from moving around when your kitties get in an out.
It is lined with faux lamb’s wool, which is lightweight and effective at keeping your kitten warm when the weather is too cold.
Another great feature is the availability of different styles, which means you don’t have to stick with a style that you don’t like.
What I wasn’t too fond of was that the packaging was horrible and the bed released a dusty smell. I had to let the smell fade off before I could allow my kitties to sleep on it.
- Heat reflecting design maintains warmth and coziness
- Slip resistant bottom prevents sliding
- Lightweight and comfortable bed for travel
- Available in rectangular and round styles
- Orthopedic effect makes it suitable for senior cats
- Poor packaging and off-gassing
This is a great choice during colder months. Its self-warming properties ensure your kitties stay warm and cozy.
Overall Rating – 4.6
5. Snoozer Luxury Cozy Cave Pet Bed — Best Color Options
If you want a pet bed that is available in numerous colors to match your interior décor, the Snoozer Luxury Cozy Cave Pet Bed is what you should be looking for.
- Available in small, large, and extra-large sizes
- Available in numerous color options
- Made of water resistant polyester exterior
- Inner pillow is filled with comfortable material
- Rust-proof zipper
- Machine washable cover
This pet-size bed has an exterior made of durable poly cotton blend that is removable, which means you can wash it and keep it looking neat and smelling fresh.
It is available in three different sizes and thirty five different colors, which is great because you can choose a color that best matches your interior décor.
The opening is propped up with a cover support, which helps your kittens enter and exit the bed with ease. It is designed to remind your cats of how they burrow under covers.
The spacious interior is lined with ultra-soft material that keeps your cats warm and cozy. It is also big enough for more than one cat.
What I didn’t like was that the hood wasn’t sturdy, it kept on sagging down, which frustrated my cats for a while until I found a way of keeping it up.
- Spoilt for choice when choosing the ideal color
- Overstuffed inner cushion offers warmth and cozy comfort
- Propped opening allows easy entry and exit
- Spacious and convenient for large cats
- Exterior cover is machine washable
- Hood may sag after some time
The Snoozer Luxury Cozy Cave Pet Bed will make your cat feel at home. It is warm, spacious, and all the materials are pet friendly.
Overall Rating – 4.6
6. Pet Magasin Self Warming Cat Cave Bed — Best Bed Configurations
Give your feline friend a safe place to sleep with the Pet Magasin Self Warming Cat Cave Bed. Its enclosed design provides a sense of security.
- Self-warming design
- Four different configurations
- Inner cushioning features soft and comfy materials
- Suitable for cats that like to burrow
This bed is made of faux fur lining, soft padding, and a trim, providing your kitty with a soft, warm, and very comfortable lounging space.
The outer shell is made of quality microfiber, which is great because it helps insulate body heat in cold weather to keep your feline warm and comfy.
The most impressive feature that makes this cot one of the best cat beds is the configuration options. You can configure it into a cup, flat, cave, or pod shape.
However… this cat bed is only sold in one color and in one size. This was quite disappointing, considering that I wanted to buy two separate sizes for my larger and smaller kitties.
- Soft cushioning materials keep you cat warm
- All materials used are hypoallergenic
- Microfiber outer shell helps insulate body warmth
- Can be configured into a cup, flat, cave, or pod shape
- Only available in one size and color
This product allows you to configure it into four different setups (cup, flat, cave, or pod) to give your cat a customized experience. Not to mention that it’s self-warming and cozy.
Overall Rating – 4.6
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Finest Cat Beds
Your choice will depend on your cat’s sleeping habits and what will fit best in your home. So, you have to go for the most comfortable option.
Here are a few things to take into consideration:
When shopping for the best kitty beds, you will come across a number styles, including: cup, bunk, cave, and condos.
A cup style cot is circular in shape with raised walls for comfort and security, which is an ideal configuration for a cat that likes to curl when sleeping.
A bunk cat bed comes with two parts, one on top of the other. This is a good choice for a multi-cat household, but you must make sure the design is sturdy and stable.
Some modern cat beds are enclosed in a kitty-size apartment commonly referred to as condos. I like condos because they offer privacy and a sense of security.
You have to be specific about the size in order to buy a bed that will fit snugly for warmth and comfort.
If you choose to buy a cave style bed or condo, you will have to measure your cat’s height as well.
Your cat should be very comfortable in their bed. So, choose a cot with cushioning or padding inside.
My comparison of the best cat beds was quite competitive, but the overall winner of this category is the Meowfia Premium Cave Cat Bed.
Merino wool isn’t just soft, flexible, and self-warming, but it also repels stains, dirt, and odor naturally. That’s what makes Meowfia Premium the best cot on today’s market.
The bed is spacious enough for two small cats or one large cat. Apart from warmth and comfort, it provides privacy and a sense of security.
Also, don’t be irritated if your feline doesn’t take to her new sleeping domain right away. It might take time for your cat to appreciate the comfort.