One of the most challenging thing that a new dog parent may face is choosing the best dog clipper brand that will do wonders during clipping and grooming.
Well, that doesn’t have to be the case. We have a remarkable suggestion for you, Andis (a company that is committed to providing the best dog clipping and grooming gear).
The brand was born in early 1920. After an unsuccessful partnership, Andis was developed, and the brand has seen better years since then.
The fourth generation Andis clippers features innovative engineering inherited from the company’s forefathers.
Top 5 Andis Dog Clippers
At the #1 spot in our list is the Andis EasyClip Pro-Animal. We did not only choose it for its features, but also because of its unmatched clipping and grooming performance.
This product is a certain proof that Andis specializes in the creation of reliable clippers and other grooming products that will give your dog that glamorous look.
This distinctive cutter features a powerful, high performing, a rotary motor that delivers superior SPM for complete dog grooming and clipping.
It is a variable five-speed clipping tool. The lower speed setting is ideal for grooming sensitive parts; while the higher speed setting is suitable for a cuter coat finish.
The EasyClip Pro-Animal has a detachable blade design that allows for effortless cleaning and replacement of blades.
The new housing is not only soft-grip but also non-slip. So, you can clip and groom for an extended period without too much hand fatigue.
- Variable five-speed settings allow for complete grooming
- Detachable blade makes cleaning and replacement easy
- Soft, non-slip grip reduces hand fatigue
- It is ten percent faster compared to 2-speed models
- Delivers more blade torque for tough clipping
- Tends to get hotter
- Doesn’t come with guide combs
Andis ProClip AGC is engineered to make you and your dog happy as well as satisfied. This is an amazing clipping tool for full body grooming. The very first thing that you will love about this cutter is its lightweight and compact design.
It is fitted with a high-speed motor that is capable of delivering up to 4,000 cutting SPM for faster, effective, and prettier grooming.
These clippers are super quiet. So, they are great to have. The cord is long enough, allowing you to clip all areas of your pooch with ease.
You will also love that multiple blades can be interchanged on one motor. This makes it really easy for you to do the body, the legs, and the face with the appropriate clipper size.
This cutter comes with an ultra-Edge blade, but it is also compatible with Ceramic-Edge blades that are sold separately.
Another impressive feature of the Andis ProClip AGC is the break-resistant housing. So, they won’t break easily when they accidentally fall down.
We think this product is a good option for a dog parent who needs a versatile, corded, detachable dog clipping tool.
- Brake resistant, non-slip housing
- Ultra-Edge blade that is very effective at retaining sharpness
- Detachable blades that are easy to clean and replace
- An ultra-quiet operation that is dog-friendly
- Low maintenance clipping tool
- Run a little hotter than expected
Taking the third spot in our list is the UltraEdge Super 2-Speed. This is a professional dog clipping tool that is designed for all coat types.
Grooming and clipping your pet is easy and relaxing with the Andis UltraEdge Super 2-Speed. The smart cool-running design guarantees high performance.
The powerful sealed motor is quiet and soothes even the most sensitive pooch. It is designed to last many years of use. Regular oiling or greasing of the internal parts may not be necessary.
The included UltraEdge detachable blade clips at two separate speeds; 4,400 or 3,400 SPM for safe and fast trimming sessions.
Detachable blade system makes clipping sensitive parts a breeze. All you have to do is switch to a more suitable blade, especially when grooming the ears.
The blades have superior edge retention. You can use just two blades to clip your pooch five times over before you consider replacements.
- UltraEdge detachable blades deliver enough torque and speed for safe grooming
- Shatterproof housing improves durability
- Detachable blades have good edge retention and are easy to clean
- A frequency of 60 Hz offers quiet operation
- 14-foot cord offers added maneuverability
- Guide combs are not included
- May require frequent oiling to keep the blades cool
At #4 is the Andis Super AG2, which offers a good array of features with an affordable price point. The model AG2 has proven to be a very reliable choice for most dog parents.
The Super AG2 is engineered with faster blade speeds. You can conveniently increase the clipping speed for sleeker grooming.
This cutter features a powerful motor, which gives you a high number of strokes per minute and sufficient blade torque for prettier cuts.
The detachable blades are made of strong material with a special chrome finish for corrosion resistance and durability.
Even though the Super AG2 model ranks fourth in our list, it has a remarkable reputation for clipping different types of coats.
They cut smoothly and do not heat up very fast. However, you would need cooling spray to keep the blades cool during extended grooming sessions.
- Quiet operation that will not distress your pooch
- The shatterproof house is very durable
- Powerful motor delivers fast cutting speed
- Detachable blade system is highly versatile
- Blades take long to cool down
- May not work on dogs with a very thick coat
If you are in the market for a professional clipping tool but you are working with a tight budget, look no further than the Andis 1-Speed detachable blade clipper.
It is equipped with a quad force blade that delivers optimum power as well as performance. The single speed motor produces enough power for complete dog clipping.
Detachable blade system is remarkably easy to clean and change. There is also a removable drive cop for easy cleaning.
This model is fitted with a locking switch that ensures the cutter will not inadvertently shut off during use. The housing is break resistant and durable.
- Break-resistant housing is very durable
- 14-foot cord offers added maneuverability
- Locking switch prevents accidental shut off
- Works effectively on thick coats
- Single speed setting may not be fast enough
- May not be suitable for all dog breeds
Why Choose Andis Clippers?
Andis are giants in the industry with decades of experience in clipping and grooming tools. Statistically, their products are popular in over 90 countries across the globe.
Andis clippers are ergonomically engineered. They are all contoured to fit your hand. All models are high performing and easy to maintain with a few performance flaws if any.
Unlike most conventional dog clipper brands, Andis has a product for all dog breeds. A professional clipper may cost a little more, but you can get a basic model more cheaply.
What Types of Clippers Do Andis Offer?
This brand offers two unique types of cutters: adjustable blade and detachable blade.
- Andis adjustable blade cutters are very versatile since the blades can be set across a wide range of cutting depths. Although, the range does not normally clip quite as close as the closest detachable blade cutter.
- The Andis detachable clippers; on the other hand, have a wide range of blade sizes and are usually operated by powerful electric motors. This makes them suitable for almost all types of dog breeds, including double coats.
Both detachable and adjustable Andis clippers are also available in corded and cordless designs. Most models are lightweight, easy to operate, and easy to clean.
Based on our findings, the overall winner is the Andis EasyClip Pro-Animal 5 Speed Detachable Blade Clipper. The innovation of Andis clippers is centered on value and quality. Their reasonably priced cutters are engineered to last.
As far as dog grooming and clipping goes, Andis knows exactly what dog parents need. Their products are engineered to virtually handle any coat type.
However, you might have noticed that there are no Andis adjustable blade clippers in our list. This is so because they are not so popular among dog parents.